TUGAS SOFTSKILL BAHASA INGGRIS BISNIS 2 ke-2
NAMA: Ryan Triputra S
KELAS / NPM: 4EA03 / 11208115
Exercise 10: Subjek-Verb Agreement
- John, along with twenty friends, are planning a party.
- The picture of the soldier brings back many memories.
- The quality of these recordings are not very good.
- If the duties of these offiecers aren’t reduced, there will not be enough time to finish the project.
- The effects of cigarette smoking have been proven to be extremely harmful.
- The use of credit cards in place of cash has increased rapidly in recent years.
- Advertisements on television is becoming more competitive than ever before.
- Living expenses in this country, as well as in many other, are at an all-time high.
- Mr. Jones, accompanied by several members of the committee, has proposed some changes of the rules.
- The levels of intoxication vary from subject to subject.
Exercise 11: Subjek-Verb Agreement
- Neither Bill nor mary is going to the play tonight.
- Anything is better than going to another movie tonight.
- Skating is becoming more popular every day.
- A number of reporters were at the conference yesterday.
- Everybody who has a fever must go home immediately.
- Your glasses were on the bureau last night.
- There was some people at the meeting last night.
- The committee has already reached a decision.
- A pair of jeans was in the washing machine this morning.
- Each student has answered the first three questions.
- Either John or his wife make breakfast each morning.
- After she had perused the material, the secretary decided that everything was in order.
- The crowd at the basketball game was wild with excitement.
- A pack of wild dogs have frightened all the ducks away.
- The jury is trying to reach a decision.
- The army has eliminated this section of the training test.
- The number of students who have withdrawn from class this quarter are appalling.
- There has been too many interruptions in this class.
- Every elementary school teacher has to take this examination.
- Neither Jill nor her parents have seen this movie before.
Exercise 4: Articles
In the following sentences supply the articles (a, an, or the )if they are necessary.
- Jason’s father bought him a bicycle that he had wanted for his birthday.
- The statue of Liberty was a gift of friendship from France to United States.
- Rita is studying an English and the math this semester.
- The judge asked a witness to tell the truth.
- Please give me a cup of coffee with cream and sugar.
- A big books on the table are for my history class.
- No one in Spanish class knew a correct answer to the Mrs. Perez’s question.
- My a car is four years old and it still runs well.
- When you go to store, please buy a bottle of chocolate milk and dozen oranges.
- There are only a few seats left for the tonight’s musical at university.
- John and Marcy went to school yesterday and then studied in library before returning hom.
- Lake Erie is one of the five great lakes in the North America.
- On our trip to Spain, we crossed the Atlantic Ocean.
- The Mount Rushmore is the site of a magnificent tribute to the four great American Presidents.
- What did you eat for the breakfast this morning?
- Louie played basketball and baseball at the boys’ club this year.
- Rita plays a violin and her sister plays a guitar.
- While we were in the Alaska, we saw Eskimo village.
- Phil can’t go to the movies tonight because he has to write essay.
- David attended Princeton University.
- Harry has been admitted to school of medicine at midwestren university.
- Mel’s grandmother is in the hospital, so we went to visit her the lasnight.
- Political science class is taking a trip to the Soviet Union in spring.
- The Queen Elizabeth II is a monarch of great Britain.
- The declaration of Independence was draw up in 1776.
- Scientists hope to send expedition to mars during 1980s.
- Last night there was a bird singing outside my house.
- A chair that you are sitting in is broken.
- The civil war was fought in the United state between 1861 and 1865.
- The Florida state University is smaller than University of Florida.